19th Century pulpit greats on "In Christ" truthIn Christ Treasures
edited by Peter Wade
£10.00 GBP | €10.00 EUR | $13.99 AUD
Positive Word Ministries Inc. -- 2009
308 pages -- Paperback
Nine great teachers from the past...
all in one book to inspire, challenge and guide you! These teachers were all household names in their day, all were successful pastors, missionaries, or academics. They came from different denominations and movements... yet all were captivated by just two words in the Word of God: "In Christ".
This valuable collection contains two complete books and nine significant chapters from great preachers of the 19th century, totalling 47 chapters in all, plus Peter Wade's complete concordance of "In Christ" scriptures, both by form and book order. There is no other work on the market with so much specific "In Christ" teaching as this new volume.
Buy the book >> in the sidebar.
Who were these preachers?
Thomas Bernard, Adolf Deissmann, A.J. Gordon, E. Stanley Jones, F.B. Meyer, Andrew Murray, A.T. Pierson, A.B. Simpson, Stephen Tyng -- some were household names in their day, some of their writings have never been out of print.
· Stephen Tyng (1800-1885) was rector (minister) of St. George's Episcopal Church, New York.
· A.J. Gordon (1836-1895) came to prominence in the United States as the forthright evangelical pastor of Clarendon Street Baptist Church in Boston for over 25 years and a well-regarded author.
· Andrew Murray (1828-1917) was born in South Africa into the family of a Scottish pastor of a Dutch church. He became a much-loved pastor, a prolific author of some 200 books, and an international evangelist and teacher.
· A. B. Simpson (1843-1919) was a preacher, evangelist and writer, who founded the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination of churches and was a frequent speaker at D.L. Moody's Northfield Conferences.
· Gustav Adolf Deissmann (1866-1937) was a prominent German theologian and scholar, and professor of Theology at the University of Berlin.
· Arthur T. Pierson (1837-1911) was an outstanding American preacher, well-known Bible scholar, and author of over 50 books, who had the honor of serving as interim pastor for Charles Spurgeon in London, England.
· E. Stanley Jones (1884-1973) was an American Methodist missionary to India for over half a century, and author of 28 books, most of which were bestsellers. He had a major Christian influence worldwide, which lives on in his Christian Ashram movement.
Note: None of these quotations have been dumbed down for today's audience. All are in the writer's own eloquent words that reflect the period when they were written. All 47 chapters are taken from original books and are reproduced as their author first published them, using the KJV or RV Bibles of their day. Emphasis, spelling and punctuation are unchanged. Even though different theological movements are evident, when you put these differences aside you will thrill as you embrace the insights the authors present.
Guy Vieira has created an outstanding cover and a most readable design to complement these valuable words by the greats of the past. This is a book you will read more than once, and dip into its truths often.
This volume is an expanded edition of the 48-page book "In Christ Classics", which is still available online direct from Positive Word Ministries Inc. (while stocks last). This small book is a great introduction to the subject and ideal for home fellowships.
Quantity Discounts are available to Bookstores and Churches when ordered direct from Positive Words (e.g. order 5-10 copies and get a 20% refund).
Preview the book...
Look at pages inside the book by clicking on the Chapter 1 image at the top of the right-hand column.
Check our Articles index by author,where you will find many articles by the 19th century greats in this book.
Note: This is a heavy book, over 1 pound (520g) when packing materials are added. We will mail it at the lowest possible rates.
What others say...
"I am in the middle of reading In Christ Treasures but had to stop and write you -- this is one of the best books I have every read! With every page I am blessed, blessed, blessed. The glory of our Lord shines so brightly I might have to start wearing my sun glasses as I read! With all the different peoples teaching on the same subject in one book is fantastic--awesome--a true blessing. I deeply want to thank you for putting this one together -- JD, Oregon.
Check all online sellers: BookFinder4u.com